Date(s) - 16/08/2014
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Stillpoint Yoga London
Saturday 16th August 2014
10:00 – 15:30
Price – £55
How often have you had a pregnant woman, both your own student and someone new, turn up to your yoga class and have wanted the skills to:
a) Be able to integrate them safely into your regular yoga class?
b) Know how to help them whatever stage of pregnancy they are in?
Pregnant women can use yoga as a wonderful practice to prepare their bodies and minds for all that this time of their lives brings. Having the tools to be able to help women become mindful of the process that is going on in their bodies during pregnancy and have exercises to prepare for childbirth are so important.
This one day workshop is designed for any qualified yoga instructor who would like to confidently and safely accommodate pregnant students into a non-pregnancy yoga class. Course notes will be provided for the day and time given to write notes. This workshop is approved by the Yoga Alliance UK as a CPD. This will be Brigid’s first time presenting this workshop in London.
10am – 12.30pm
The morning session will be an integrative look at the following:
· The physical and psychological needs and considerations of a pregnant woman both in general terms and in the setting of a yoga class.
· Outline of the common pregnant body issues and how these would affect a yoga practice.
· What to avoid and why.
· What’s beneficial and why.
1.30pm – 3.30pm
The afternoon session will be a practical workshop, including a yoga class integrating modifications for pregnancy, covering the following:
· Alternative sunsalutations.
· Breakdown of the more common asanas looking at suitable modifications or alternatives for each trimester or any presenting body issues.
· Discussion on which breathwork is appropriate during pregnancy and in preparation for birth.
· Question and Answer session
Brigid Godwin has written articles for Yoga & Health Magazine. Click these links to read them here:
She has also produced the very popular and well received DVD:
PREGNANCY YOGA FLOW AND POSTNATAL RECOVERY
Brigid has been practicing yoga for 19 years, teaching Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow for 14 years, Antenatal Yoga for 12 years and Postnatal Mummy and Baby Yoga for 8 years. She has produced the very well received DVD ‘Pregnancy Yoga flow and Postnatal Recovery’ which is available on Amazon.
Brigid is a Senior YogaTeacher with Yoga Alliance UK and holds both BWY and Birthlight teaching Diplomas. She has also taught at Triyoga and Ashtanga Yoga London. She lives and teaches full time in Tunbridge Wells, Kent with her 2 daughters.
Bookings are closed for this event.