Date(s) - 23/07/2016 - 24/07/2016
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop will now be taking place away from KCLSU at The British School Of Osteopathy – Teaching Centre
Yoga Adjustment Weekend Workshop
Gaining confidence as a teacher takes time. One of the areas where new teachers feel least comfortable is when they place their hands on students. The yoga adjustment workshop will give you that confidence.
- Why should we do an adjustment in the first place?
- What makes a good adjustment?
- Where should we place our body?
- What adjustment is appropriate for this student?
- Is it ok to put my hands on them?
- What is the appropriate amount of pressure?
The yoga adjustments workshop is specifically designed to take you through a process of understanding all of the factors that go into doing yoga adjustments.
You will learn principles and ways of thinking about adjustments that make you more confident and able to work with your students. These skills go a long way in building the relationship that you have with your students and instilling trust that you know what you’re doing.
The yoga adjustments workshop is all about you gaining the confidence to make the right decisions in the moment. After all, your students are unique. They present unique challenges and problems that need to have yoga adjustments that are tailored to that uniqueness.
- learn to see the adjustment first, where do they need length or space in their body or breath
- learn to use the variety of tools (body parts) that you have available
- use your own weight and good body mechanics to both feel and keep you safe
- build confidence through different exercises and practice
- play with the balance between the student working and you working
- and much, much more…
David Keil’s weekend workshops are CPD approved for teachers by YOGA ALLIANCE UK.
Read more about David Keil
The Yoga Adjustment Workshop will take place as follows:
- Saturday 23rd – Sunday 24th July 2016
- 9:00am-5:00pm each day
- 2 x 3hr sessions with a break for lunch
Terms & Conditions
We will provide a full refund (less 10% admin fee) to those who cancel 28 days before the workshop commences. After this time there will be no refund unless your place can be secured from a waiting list, in which case your fee will be refunded (less a 10% admin fee). Should the event be cancelled by Stillpoint Yoga London you will be offered a refund or alternatively credit be given to you against future events held by Stillpoint Yoga London.
Workshop spaces are not to be shared or transferred between students. Please do attend all scheduled sessions booked for at a workshop, they are presented so as to give you the optimum experience of the workshop teachings. Due to teacher cancellations, low bookings or other situations outside of our control, some courses may be temporarily or permanently unavailable. We reserve the right to make any changes to our programme, courses or teachers. Alternative arrangements are offered to the best of our ability but, if not taken up, we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including travel costs.
We ask that you tell the teacher if you have any particular pre-existing injury or illness that is relevant. We advise that if you are feeling any pain or illness during any class that you stop and rest.
This event is fully booked.